Sunday, October 28, 2007

Edward C. Curtis

I went to Edward C. Curtis' photo exhibition of American Indians. The pictures were scarily detailed, especially on things like hair and skin texture; they were much like layered charcoal drawings. Curtis even, after developing his photos on gelatin sheets, developed them on gold and silver, producing bursting images. I took a picture with "Chief Joseph" but the picture won't load on my comp. I'm gonna hunt down Shu.

Afterwards, I went to see the Taiwanese Aboriginals exhibition and found my grandfather's tribe. Yay! They're almost extinct though. Out of the tribes in Taiwan, the Tsou tribe is the fiercest and kinda the weirdest too; they chopped off people's heads and loved revenge (sounds like me) and had a thing for mundane colors and simple tattoos. One of the aboriginals looked like my dad and I my brother insisted that it was him.

I wonder if I should dress as Pocohontas on Halloween.

Hiya hiya yippee yi yi yi
yipee yi yi yi hi yi
ho!

1 Comments:

Blogger su said...

wow jenn you're partially a taiwanese aboriginal!
the photographer's work seems really interesting. i would like to see some pictures!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home