Friday, November 02, 2007

Color

I found this website a couple months ago that really helped with a color problem I was having at the time. When I was designing the assignment notebook with my friends we had some trouble finding a good color scheme to use. So we found this website that basically has tons and tons of user created colors and color schemes. The site amazed us at how many strange and different colors and be combined to make something completely new and original. If I can remember we ended up using a color scheme title "Mustang" or something along that.

It doesn't really matter what you are working with whether i'd be graphic design or painting I think color choice is really important aspect. And I found it is really hard to decide what colors work well together and how many to use. Often I find myself thinking, have I used too many colors, have I used too few. With this site you can really get a feel for how interesting colors can be. As I browsed through the schemes I began to notice the real effect of choosing colors. This is gonna sound corny but they can really incite emotions and thoughts that you really didn't think was possible.

Here are a couple color schemes:
titled : "Zenyatta Mondotta"
"Seasons pass me over"
"Vintage Europe"

Theres a couple of these kinds of sites these two are my favorite:
Colourlovers
Flash Site -> Kuler

2 Comments:

Blogger jeff said...

awsome! this was usefull! now we dont have to go around looking for colors that ened up not matching. thanks shu! lol

7:37 AM  
Blogger su said...

cool.

this will help on the hoodies? HAHA. we'll see.

those color schemes are interesting. the first one is really "warm". i liked the assignment book colors too!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home